Watch demo how to convert primary to logical
A basic MBR disk can have either up to four primary volumes, or up to three primary volumes plus an unlimited number of logical volumes. You need to convert a primary partition to logical partition if you want to create a fifth partition on a disk with four primary partions only.
This feature of MiniAide Fat32 Formatter is for you to convert a primary volume/partition to a logical volume/partition and applies to basic disks whose partitioning scheme is MBR.
How to convert a primary volume to logical?
1. Select a primary partition from the partition list on the Fat32 Formatter main interface.
2. Click on Partitions in the top menu, then click ‘Convert to Logical‘ from the drop-down menu.
3. By clicking ‘Apply’, then ‘Yes’, you’ll complete this operation. Exiting the program without applying the operation will discard it.
1. The selected partition should not already be a logical partition.
2. A disk without logical partition can have four primary partitions at most.
3. If the disk has one logical partition, it can only have three primary partitions.
4. It is highly recommended that the first partition on the list be set as primary partition.