Watch demo how to convert NTFS NTFS file system advantages over FAT file system in areas such as security of data, consistency of data, speed of saving and accessing files. It also supports file encrypt and file compression.
Thus, we suggest you use NTFS partitions to store your files. For the existing FAT partitions, you can use this function to convert FAT partitions into NTFS partitions. To use this function, you may click Convert FAT to NTFS under the Partitions in the top menu. Note: This operation will not be added to pending operations, once you click start, MiniAide Fat32 Formatter will carry out the conversion task for the selected partitions immediately.
Convert FAT to NTFS
This feature converts FAT partition in good condition to NTFS partition.
File system conversion steps:
1. Launch MiniAide Fat32 Formatter.
2. Select a FAT12/16/32 partition; Click Partitions -> Convert to NTFS.
3. The pop-up dialog box will show the source and destination file system, click OK to go.
4. The former FAT has been converted to NTFS
Partition conversion can only be realized under Windows. Linux is not supported. Source file system must be FAT12, FAT16 or FAT32 and the partition is unhidden. Make sure minimum 3% free space on partitions. Conversion would fail if partition contains an error.
Reasons and Solutions
1. Scant free space. Remove some files to make free space and try again.
2. Error partition. Use Windows built-in Chkdsk.exe/F to repair. If failed again, the partition has severe error and the conversion could not be completed.